The national diploma in primary ear care for practitioners
This is the diploma level course, quality assured by Sheffield University, for nurses and practitioners, working in the primary setting and secondary care. It is taught in small groups over 5 consecutive days, either on a residential or non-residential basis, followed by 3 months’ practical experience. It aims to equip nurses working in primary and secondary care with the knowledge and clinical skills to enable them to provide holistic care for patients with ear problems.
- Introduction to holistic aural care, including ear irrigation, aural toilet, aural treatments and use of instruments.
- Hearing loss and related problems including types of deafness, care of hearing aids and tinnitus care advice.
Theory and practice are taught concurrently, experiential learning taking place in patient clinics.
- Have critically considered the clinical management of aural problems in the light of current knowledge and research.
- Be able to identify common aural conditions and give the appropriate treatment and care.
- Have an understanding of different types of deafness and the correct use of screening tools.
£750.00 per person (includes lunches) – accommodation is extra
Monday 19th - Friday 23rd February 2018
Monday 25th - Friday 29th June 2018
Monday 20th - friday 24th August 2018
Monday 22nd - Friday 26th October 2018
What to do now? – for more information and to provisionally reserve a place, please telephone us. Your place will be held for a maximum of 3 weeks, during which time you should print and complete the application form and then either email post or fax it to us (don’t forget your photograph). If you are unable to confirm within 3 weeks, to avoid withdrawal of the offer, please telephone us to discuss any problems.
“An excellent, informative, mind-blowing course, which has definitely changed both my outlook on PEOPLE with ear problems, but will also change the way in which I will practice in future – and lead to safe practice for others”
“Great – it made me realise how much I could improve my service to my patients”
“…can’t believe I’ve been practising so badly for years”
“…did not realise how much I did not know”
National Diploma Course Flier
National Diploma Application Form