Ear irrigation & instrumentation study day
This study day is intended to give the practitioner knowledge of and practical experience of ear irrigation and instrumentation. The knowledge gained from this day enables safer practice which can reduce patient discomfort, speed up resolution and make referrals more appropriate. It enables nurses to take a more active role in the prevention of ear problems, thus saving general practitioner consulting time and prescribing costs.
- Nurses and Audiologists.
- Nurse Practitioners.
- Occupational Health Nurses.
- Nurses working in Hospitals and Nursing Homes.
- Nurse Advisors in Walk-in Centres.
- To give an understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear and the need for preventative care, including patient education and advice.
- To demonstrate the safe and proficient use of basic aural care instruments for the removal of wax, aural toilet and ear irrigation.
- To reflect on accountability, documentation and the management of change in relation to ear care.
participants will have:-
- An understanding of the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- An understanding of the prevention of ear problems.
- A foundation of knowledge on which to base practical aural toilet, wax instrumentation and ear irrigation according to their own level of practice competence.
- Reflected on accountability, documentation and management of change in relation to ear care.
- An understanding of decontamination of equipment.
- Considered the patient with ear problems holistically.
- Thought about the future management of people with ear problems.
- The ability to undertake ear care within the boundaries and limits of their professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
- An understanding to complete achieved competencies as documented in the competency handbook, consistent with their individual level of skill and knowledge.
Please note: If you have not previously had any experience of ear irrigation, it will be necessary for you to have supervised practice following this Study Day.
Price: £225.00 per person.
Monday 4th June 2018
Friday 17th August 2018
What to do now? – for more information and to provisionally reserve a place, please telephone us. Your place will be held for a maximum of 3 weeks, during which time you should print and complete the application form and then either email post or fax it to us. If you are unable to confirm within 3 weeks, to avoid withdrawal of the offer, please telephone us to discuss any problems.
...have been syringing ears incorrectly for 10 years!
...can't believe I've been practising so badly for years.
...using outdated techniques in surgery.
I thought I knew what I was doing, I realise I didn't.
..hope that GPs can be persuaded to attend similar days.
..did not realise how much I did not know.
One of the best Study Days I've attended I go away inspired to do better. All practice nurses should have the opportunity to attend - and also GPs.
Ear irrigation & instrumentation study day 1 flier
Ear irrigation & instrumentation study day 1 Application Form