Ear Irrigation and Instrumentation half-day Update
Open to Nurses and Healthcare Assistants who have completed the Primary Ear Care Diploma Course, Ear Care Study Day 1 or two-day Healthcare Assistants’ /Assistant Practitioners’ course within the last 2 years.
Nurses/Healthcare Assistants working in Primary Care are frequently asked to see patients with ear problems. This half day up-date session allows the practitioner to revise their knowledge and competence of irrigation.
Course Aims include:
- To revise the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- To gain an understanding of infection control associated with ear care
- To gain an understanding of documentation in relation to ear care.
- To gain the ability to undertake ear care within the boundaries and limits of the candidate’s professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
Participants will have:-
- revised the basic anatomy and physiology of the ear.
- revised and have an understanding of the prevention of ear problems, considering the patient holistically.
- an understanding of the decontamination of equipment.
- an understanding of documentation in relation to ear care.
- the ability to undertake ear care within the boundaries and limits of their professional competence, responsibility and accountability.
- an understanding to complete the competency handbook, consistent with their individual level of skill and knowledge.
Price: £150.00 per person.
13th February 2021 FULL
May 29th 2021
What to do now? – If you need more information than is provided here,
please telephone us. To apply for a course, please use the interactive
application form which you will find below
Half-day Update flier
Student Training Course Application Form